Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A pointelss rant on my irritation with Apple

I hate Macs. I can't really back this up except on the grounds that they use a proprietary operating system, but anyway.

While attempting to figure out what sort of student discounts Apple offers, I discovered this whole section on their website devoted to convincing college students that Macs are the correct choice regardless of one's major. Much of their reasoning seems to be: for x major you will need to do y. y works better on Macs.

I find that incredibly hard to believe, fortunately they provide no actual evidence to back up the claims, so I'll just dismiss them. Coincidently, though, they claim that Safari offers "light speed" web browsing. For all this talk of light speed browsing Apple's servers seem to be running very slowly. This entire post was written (and proofread!) in less time than the stupid student discount page took to load through Columbia's website. In all fairness this might be a problem with the CU end of the operation, but I doubt it. Or maybe this is the evidence that Safari provides light speed browsing and Apple has just rigged their website to be tempremental for non-Safari users.

Damnit, I hate Macs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home