Friday, June 09, 2006

Long Island: Unlikely to ever leave my list of least favorite places

Five days is my limit. I am returning to civilization for the weekend.

I was planning to stay on the island as a character building exercise until I realized that I couldn't watch the World Cup because the heathens in my dorm monopolize the TV all day with Oprah and Fox News; my character doesn't need improvement that badly, I decided. So, I went out to put gas in my car. $3.30/gallon for regular! And, because this isn't NJ, I had to pump it myself. What is wrong with people in this godforsaken place??

Arg... and I won't start on the bureaucratic stupidities preventing me from getting my paycheck before next week. I will only say that, for all the stupidity, they might as well just give me one big check when I leave. I won't be able to do anything useful with the money before then, anyway. Really... who puts a research facility in the one spot in New York that's more than 15 miles from a Citibank?

/rant

Yeah. So, anyway, I'm going back to New Jersey where I will be able to watch international soccer to my heart's content while pondering my growing attitude problem and not pumping my own gas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephen Colbert had an interesting show on the travesty of pumping your own gas the other day. Or maybe it was on Stewart. I forget.

12.6.06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to put my name in. Sorry about that.

12.6.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home