Tuesday, February 14, 2006

In which the protagonist fails to catch up on sleep

I'm still really tired. I've been going back and forth between (a) being too busy to get enough sleep (i.e. doing problem sets, studying, getting up early for class/work, etc.) and (b) having insane insomnia. The major problem is that to combat (b) I've completely cut my caffeine intake, but this doesn't increase the total number of hours I have free for sleeping and (a) kills me. If I go back to being a caffeine junkie (b) will kill me. I could go to the gym a few times a week to combat (b), but that will exacerbate (a). I could start abusing anti-hystamines/cold medicine/alcohol, but I think in the long-term that would be a more serious problem than sleep deprivation. Damnit.

Anyway, I had a second consecutive good weekend. I had work all day on Saturday but it was relatively awesome. It was like freshman year when everyone was cool and I could run errands while I was on the clock and steal food from the renters and nap and do homework. Sweet. And I got my $0.50 raise for the semester so it will be like getting extra pay, plus overtime for the 10 hour call. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home