Friday, January 20, 2006

My schedule - finally set?

Well, maybe. Here are the impressions of the classes I've been to this week:

Quantum Mechanics - A continuation from last semester. Prof. says it's going to be harder than last semester which means it's likely to be a complete pain in the ass. Joy.

Mechanics (Classical, graduate level) - Why I'm taking a second semester of mechanics when I really don't like the subject remains a mystery. Nevertheless, lectures should be interesting because the prof is pretty good. Pros include takehome midterms and final. Cons include high risk for professor disorganization. On a side note, when I ordered the textbooks on Amazon I got a free three month Amazon Prime trial. Hooray for cheap one day shipping.

Physics lab - Again. Not because I failed the first time (I didn't) but because there's a three semester requirement. I'm hopeful that I can waive the third semester though.

Independent Reading in Physics - Details of this still need to be worked out, but I'm hoping it will encourage me to actually do some work during the semester.

Object Oriented Programming in Java - Damn the Comp. Sci. Department for not offering Data Structures in C. This will be useful I suppose, because I've never done any real object oriented programming... but I'm not that interested in a) comp. sci. theory or b) Java. Sigh.

Scripting Languages: PHP - This class runs from the end of March until the end of April. It may get dropped before I've ever gone.

And now, for something non-technical:
German - I briefly thought about taking the fifth semester French class but the idea of Advanced Grammar and Composition in French scares me a little. I also though about taking Swedish but I would have had to start that in the fall. Should be fun.

I'm impressed with myself. I'm going to have enough credits to qualify for Dean's List this semester (after my little mathematical screw-up last semester). This semester will also be historic as it's the first in which I take more credits than in the previous semester. See the graph I made when I should have been doing my quantum homework... the top shows how many credits I've taken each semester, the bottom is the number taken for letter credit each semester. The sixth semester letter credit bar is a low estimate.
Graph showing a trend of increasing laziness
Edit 1.25.06: Here is a plot requested by my friend Chris who, as everyone can now see, is not as lazy as I am.
Graph showing my friend Chris's non-laziness

3 Comments:

Blogger chrisarts said...

can i have a graph in that style? it'd be funny to compare, since i've been going up generally each semester.

20.1.06  
Blogger Christine said...

My initial answer was no - you'll make me look bad. Then I realize I was already making myself look bad. So yeah, sure.

20.1.06  
Blogger chrisarts said...

wahoo
i'll im you with that

oh and by the way, how many credits for php? it might be fun to register for a 1 month course.

24.1.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home