Tuesday, August 29, 2006

General GREs = done!

Now I can go back to letting my vocabulary atrophy... I mean, um, become bad.

Anyway, the generous people at ETS sent me a CD with the official practice software. Last Friday. I got it yesterday. How helpful.* If anyone wants a GRE POWERPREP CD they should let me know.

While taking the test I made several observations -

1) You aren't supposed to print the "I'm not going to memorize the test questions and sell them to my cousin, blah blah blah" statement. And I don't remember how to write (wtf are capital I's supposed to look like???).
2a) It's not so cool to spend 3.5 hours reading off a screen with 400x600 resolution and a pathetically low refresh rate in a room with flourescent lights.
2b) Computer monitors should all have anti-reflective coatings.
2c) I don't have any painkillers.
3) My old IBM keyboard has destroyed my ability to type acurately on crappy new keyboards.
4) Passages should be designed to fit on a single screen or you should be able to (a) increase the resolution and/or (b) use the mouse's scroll wheel and/or (c) use the arrow keys on the keyboard (what's this crap with clicking on arrows and scroll bars? I want to take notes with my right hand, damnit).

But whatever, it's done. I will not be taking them again.

* It didn't really matter, because I downloaded said software from their website a few weeks ago. It's a waste of a perfectly good CD though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home