Sunday, November 27, 2005

John Ashcroft coming to CU

The former attorney general is speaking here on Wednesday. This could prove to be interesting. The College Republican Club or someone like that has been putting up fliers for a while. (When I first saw one a few weeks ago, I thought it must have been a joke (and a pretty funny one)... but no, my friends informed me that he's actually coming to speak). Despite the fact that this is Manhattan and the residents hate him and the fact that this is Columbia and 3/4 of the students hate him. This might be interesting; and it will certainly be a gage of exactly how dead activism is on campus. I for one, although I'm obviously not a fan, will not be protesting in any way. In fact, I'm likely to forget to go and spectate while the obnoxious campus activists protest. If I do remember, I'll post pictures in a few days. Until then, I need to make up for all the work I didn't do over Thanksgiving weekend. :-P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home