Sunday, December 04, 2005

Holy snow pictures, Batman!

I have been doing schoolwork or work work all weekend (by which I mean Friday and Saturday). So, in honor of it being Sunday I'm taking a little break (to be followed by a larger break in which I go to juggling club for three hours). I braved not quite freezing temperatures and huge puddles of slush in my walk over to St. John the Divine to take pictures of the grounds. Here are two of them, I'll compress some of the others later and add them.

A peacock at St. John the Divine
This first picture should be considered the second entry in my campaign for a hideously expensive camera. It contains an albino peacock. However, because my camera only has 3x zoom and the peacock was sitting about 40' up the side of the cathedral, I sincerely doubt anyone would notice it if I didn't specifically point it out (it's the white spot on top of the carved stone bit). And yes, it is actually a peacock. While I admit that I might find it amusing to employ a freakishly oversized pigeon in my pursuit of a fancier camera, I haven't yet reached that level of desperation.

St. John's Biblical Garden
This was taken in the the cathedral's garden. It does not contain any peacocks, albino or otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home