Tuesday, February 28, 2006

He speaks French and Italian...

It's been a little longer than intended since I last posted. I've got so much work to do I really shouldn't be posting now either. I dropped a class last week (or maybe it was two weeks ago... the whole thing has faded into the sleep-deprived depths of my memory) and I still haven't managed to go to bed before midnight once this week. The more demoralizing thing is that I wasn't really expecting midterms to be a hell week, but as of yesterday I realized that Spring Break starts in 10 days and I have 2 problem sets, two midterms, a German test, a lab paper, a lab presentation, and some research work that has to get done to do before the end of them. Gah :-{

On a lighter note: in German we recently had to write 100-150 word essay things describing the men/women of our dreams. I should mention that the essays we wrote before this were profiles of ourselves for a hypothetical online dating service... does anyone else sense a (slightly disturbing) common theme here? Anyway, I wrote a bunch of stuff about the ideal man but completely ran out of ideas at 99 words. This was bad because we lose points if we aren't within the target word count. So instead of thinking of another semi-intelligent sentence (i.e. "he doesn't wear skirts") I was going to add "very" to a random adjective (i.e. "he is very nice"). But that would have made me look like an underachiever, so instead "He speaks French" became "He speaks French and Italian." 101 words. Done, with word to spare. :-P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not French and German? A little sucking up would be so bad?

1.3.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home