Sunday, November 26, 2006

Procrastination

I'm staring down the last humanities paper I'm likely to have to write in my life. But, senioritis has hit in a major way, and I can't make myself focus on writing a decent finale. I don't really care about how the life and works of Sor Juana (17th century Mexican nun) are relevant for us in the year 2006. Fortunately, there exist websites which, in sufficiently large doses provide inspiration: NYTimes, YouTube, Wikipedia. Unfortunately they tend to inspire me to read the entire Sunday Magazine (this morning), watch all the Ask A Ninja videos (yesterday afternoon), finding the number of degrees of separation between the Sor Juana and Richard Feynamn Wikipedia entries (right now - it appears to be 3 [Sor Juana ->1990 ->Nobel Prize in Physics ->Richard Feynman], but using years is kind of cheating), and happily rereading my favorite entry (weather lore).

I still need to do a problem set and write my statement of purpose (or lack thereof). But it's not happening...

1 Comments:

Blogger chrisarts said...

Do people do a lot of that degree of separation thing on wikipedia?

27.11.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home