Thursday, October 20, 2005

Aaaa... and the midterms continue

Yikes, so next week is going to be bad. I need to start stressing about it now. But, quickly, here's a funny story:

My boss from my summer research job made a bunch of corrections to my paper and mailed it to me so I could fix things. The idea was that after I got it he would call me and we could discuss the changes. To conserve cell phone minutes I gave him my room phone number. [At this point I should indicate that I have never used my room phone for anything other than deleting campus voicemail spam.] He tried to call, but I didn't answer and so he sent me an email explaining that he called but I wasn't in, etc. The thing is, I was in. And my phone didn't ring. So first I verified that the ringer was on and then I tried to call myself from my cell phone. And surprise - no ring.

This is how I discovered that the extension written on my phone is not my phone number. It's the phone number of someone else on my hall. It might have been useful to know that before I gave my boss the number... but then, this does explain a bunch of wrong numbers I've gotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home