Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Randomness

So, I seem to be getting increasingly lazy about writing blog entries. Here are some random observations about recent events.

1) Work
I've been working as often as I can lately, in an effort to offset my grad school application and bartending class expenses. So I've seen a bunch of very good shows. Basically - if you ever get to hear the Fireworks Ensemble play Frank Zappa music, you should. They're f*ing amazing. Similarly, Paula West (jazz singer) made me decide that I do actually like jazz singing... among other things, she does an excellent cover of "Like a Rolling Stone."

2) Classes
What classes? Do second semester seniors take classes? Actually, I have two... sort of (on a technicality I have 5, but only 2 are "real" classes with homework and such). But I can fail everything and will still [word removed for sanity preservation], so I'm not killing myself doing the work.

3) I thought of a good comparison for situations that are likely to get out of control in horrifying ways: ____ is like playing with fire in a match factory. I don't think it's original, but I can't think of where I've heard it before. Any ideas where I would have gotten it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home